Modern Refractory Inc. offers a full array of refractory inspection services carried out by API 936 certified inspectors, each possessing a minimum of 10 years of refractory experience in supervisory roles. These skilled professionals have knowledge and expertise in materials and their applications, modern installation methods, engineering designs, project planning and scheduling—all aspects of managing major refractory projects.
At the heart of business is our specialized expertise in risk-based analysis. Our refractory experts conduct inspections that assess the probability and the consequences of refractory issues. This analysis helps you, the client, make an informed decision about how to proceed.
Our inspectors work side-by-side with you on your project from start to finish. From the initial inspection to scope building to continuous quality assurance checks, Modern Refractory Inc. will provide you with information and guidance you can trust to help you complete a refractory repair project, manage a scheduled shutdown or tackle a new refractory installation.
Our refractory inspection services include:
- ITP (Inspection Test Plan) Reviews
- Contractor Installation Procedure Mark-up and Approval
- Initial Inspections
- Scope Building
- Materials Testing
- Pre-qualification of Contractors and Materials
- On-site Installation Surveillance/Inspections
- Monitoring of Hold Points
- Pre- and Post-Dryout Inspections
- Start-to-Finish Documentation with Final Sign-Off
Mobile Inspection Lab
Our inspection services have expanded to now include a mobile testing lab. To inquire about our new mobile lab, please visit our Products page.
The experts at Modern Refractory Inc. guarantee unbiased analyses of your proposed refractory repairs or new projects. Operating independently of industry contractors and suppliers, you can count on us to provide information and guidance that is geared solely towards your needs, requirements and expectations.
You need to know if your repair or construction project is viable and optimal in terms of design, materials, and construction. Modern Refractory Inc. will tell you—straight!
Our engineering consulting services include:
- Review of Project Specifications and Plans
- Development of Work/Scope Definitions
- Review of Contractor Procedures and ITPs
- Preparation of Final Report and Recommendations