Modern Refractory Inc. offers a full array of inspection services carried out by API 936 certified inspectors, each possessing a minimum of 10 years of refractory experience in supervisory roles. These skilled professionals have knowledge and expertise in materials and their applications, modern installation methods, engineering designs, project planning and scheduling—all aspects of managing major refractory projects.
At the heart of business is our specialized expertise in risk-based analysis. Our refractory experts conduct inspections that assess the probability and the consequences of refractory issues. This analysis helps you, the client, make an informed decision about how to proceed.
Our inspectors work side-by-side with you on your project from start to finish. From the initial inspection to scope building to continuous quality assurance checks, Modern Refractory Inc. will provide you with information and guidance you can trust to help you complete a refractory repair project, manage a scheduled shutdown or tackle a new refractory installation.
Our refractory inspection services include:
- ITP (Inspection Test Plan) Reviews
- Contractor Installation Procedure Mark-up and Approval
- Initial Inspections
- Scope Building
- Materials Testing
- Pre-qualification of Contractors and Materials
- On-site Installation Surveillance/Inspections
- Monitoring of Hold Points
- Pre- and Post-Dryout Inspections
- Start-to-Finish Documentation with Final Sign-Off
Modern Refractory Inc. operates its own state-of-the-art testing laboratory, regulated by a stringent in-house quality control program. Our equipment, operated by API 936 certified personnel, evaluates the integrity and reliability of your existing refractories and the suitability of refractories for your new projects. All tests are carried out according to API 936 and ASTM specifications.
Whether you need a cause/failure analysis because of a refractory issue, or you need a routine shutdown analysis, or you want to test a new refractory material for a repair or new project, you can count on Modern Refractory Inc. to deliver accurate testing results that, combined with the expert analysis of our highly qualified inspectors, will guide you through the next phases of your project.
Our refractory testing services include:
- Preparation of Castables and Specimens
- Firing of Refractory Samples
- On-site Inspection and Sampling
- A Full Array of Laboratory Tests (e.g., apparent porosity, specific gravity, bulk density, cold crushing strength, abrasion resistance, permanent linear change.)
The experts at Modern Refractory Inc. guarantee unbiased analyses of your proposed refractory repairs or new projects. Operating independently of industry contractors and suppliers, you can count on us to provide information and guidance that is geared solely towards your needs, requirements and expectations.
You need to know if your repair or construction project is viable and optimal in terms of design, materials, and construction. Modern Refractory Inc. will tell you—straight!
Our engineering consulting services include:
- Review of Project Specifications and Plans
- Development of Work/Scope Definitions
- Review of Contractor Procedures and ITPs
- Preparation of Final Report and Recommendations